Dog Mom’s Day is right around the corner! If you’re a dog mom, then this craft is perfect for you! Bond with your dog and create a piece of art that you can keep fur-ever!
What You’ll Need:
- Acrylic paint
- Sponge brushes
- Washable paint
- Calligraphy pen
- A wash bowl with water
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Paper towels
- Put Dawn Dish Soap in your wash bowl and add water. Have this ready to go so you can immediately wash your dog’s paw! And have the paper towels near the wash bowl.
- Choose the acrylic paint color you would like your hand to be.
- Paint your hand.
- Place your hand firmly on the sheet of paper, and slowly lift it up.
- Let your hand print dry a bit while you wash your hand thoroughly.
- Now it’s your furry friend’s turn! Paint your pet’s paw with the washable paint. Since your pet may not like their paw being washed, this paint is much easier and quicker to wash away than the acrylic paint.
- Once your dog’s paw is painted, place it firmly in the middle of your hand print and press down. Slowly lift it up to reveal the paw print.
- Wash your pet’s paw in the wash bowl and dry with the paper towel.
- Allow your painting to dry for at least 30 minute to an hour.
- With the calligraphy pen, write, “When I needed a hand,” above the hand print/paw print, and then write, “I found your paw.” below the hand print/paw print.
And that’s it! Now you have a piece of art that you and your best friend created together. There’s no better way to celebrate Dog Mom’s Day than spending time with your dog!